Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Hike! Whole30D1

Had a great day today! Spent the day hiking in the woods with my kids and playing on the beach I know we had a minimum of a one hour hike but the reality is we went way longer then that. My gym was closed for New Years so I will go tomorrow at lunchtime!

Whole30 day One was a bit screwy because I forgot half of my lunch and was worried about a lack of protein so I ate some pepperoni which was NOT Whole30 compliant but I felt the fat and protein was a better choice then a sandwich!

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled in olive oil with kale, peppers, onions and garlic
Lunch - carrots, celery, tomato, pepperoni slices and an avocado
Dinner - meatballs (ground beef, fresh parsley, egg, garlic) with sautéed kale and onions.

My knee held up ok, it was a bit sore about ten minutes into the hike but then seemed to stabilize and feel better. I actually forgot it was bad for awhile!

Also started a plank challenge (today was only 20 seconds lol) and a squat challenge (will see how that goes with my knee....)

but here are some pics of our beautiful hike and fantastic way to ring in the new year!




No comments:

Post a Comment