Saturday, June 22, 2013

Shuffling through the weeks and ranting about the SAD

I have so many thoughts, and probably thoughts that shouldn't be shared but heck with it, I am sharing it anyway... That's how I roll

First, not running has taken its impact on me. Not really on a physical level, but more emotionally. I started out hating it, but now that I haven't run in a month I am really missing it. Exercising at home is still effective, but the emotions, the energy rush, the feeling of accomplishment is not the same. I am SO ready for my daughter to come home so I can get out and run again.

Which brings me to a rant.

I had a coworker come to me and tell me she was "concerned" because she had "heard" that I was running. She thinks that its not very healthy for me. She is worried about my joints. She thinks I need to reconsider.

Er.

I didn't ask her, or share with her, or consult her because... I don't know her and its none of her damn business.

Why do people get into info that isn't thiers to hold? I took a deep breath and explained that 1) I have researched this 2) I have good supportive shoes, 3) I was quite comfortable in my decision.

Soon, I had another person come to me with concerns because they know I use a lot of coconut oil products and butter. They have a lot of thoughts about that. They offered to show me this new program of prepackaged food and chemicals to lose a ton of weight.

So.... let me get this straight....  Eating chemical powders added to water, god knows what in a "protein" bar and food packed somewhere.... is healthier for me then food straight from a cow? I can't figure that logic out.

I understand that there is a "standard American diet" or SAD, however, it makes me just that. Sad. If I eat tons of rice, corn, bread, pastas, low-fat i.e. chemical laden dressings and prepackaged foods I feel miserable and fat. If I load up on "protein bars" my style ... i.e. a chicken breast or pastured bacon.... and dunk liberal amounts of healthy fats, and eat a crapload of vegetables...  I feel awesome and lose weight.

Isn't there room for all types?  Why do so many in the weight loss world want to push that THEIR way is the only way?

Ok... I admit I think my way of eating healthy whole foods is the best way but ... well... it is. At least its closer to the way nature intended.

And.... as a great side piece... I am now down 23 pounds.... Yes... 23 POUNDS! That is a small toddler! 5 inches off my waist! That is almost half a food off of my waist...

So, I will go eat my bacon and eggs, chomp on my chicken breast, salad and olive oil and gnaw on my ribs.... yall can have your powders and chemicals and we can all get along :D

No comments:

Post a Comment